Cookies consist in information placed in a user’s device by the server of the website visited. They are used by the website to send information (such as a session identifier or choice of language) to the user’s internet browser which the browser can then send on to the originating website.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify the information contained in the cookie.
Various types of cookie exist:
- Session cookies which disappear as soon as you leave the website;
- Permanent cookies which remain on your device until the end of their lifetime or until such time as you delete them using your browser’s functionalities.
You are informed that when you visit a website, cookies may be installed on your terminal.
2. The purposes of cookies used
Certain cookies used by the Publisher are exclusively designed to allow or facilitate electronic communication (by detecting connection errors, identifying connection points etc.).
Other cookies are strictly necessary for the supply of online communication services (such as a shopping basket, screen display preferences etc.) expressly requested by the user.
Other cookies may also be designed to:
- Analyse website frequentation and use in order to improve your future browsing experience;
- Render the website more convivial and interactive.
3. What cookies do we use?
The cookies used on the website are:
- Cookies developed by the Publisher;
- A limited number of third party cookies chosen by the Publisher for specific purposes.
3.1 Cookies developed by the Publisher
The following cookies are deposited by tools incorporated to the website:
- Type : Permanent cookie
- Lifetime : 13 months
- Type : Temporary cookie
- Use : Session identifier
- Lifetime : Session
3.2 Third party cookies
The Publisher also uses services proposed by third parties.
3.2.1 Technical cookies
These cookies are mainly designed to facilitate user navigation and offer you website functionalities.
- Type : Permanent cookie
- Use : General identifier used to manage user session variables, e.g. a random number serving to maintain connection status between pages.
- Company : To be completed
- Lifetime : To be completed
3.2.2 Audience measurement (eventually to be deleted)
The Publisher makes use of third parties for website audience measurement purposes.
In particular, the Publisher uses Google Analytics to record visitors and identify how they use the website. Google Analytics is a statistical tool which helps the Publisher to improve the website by responding to the needs of its visitors.
The data generated by these cookies relate to:
- Your use of the website, e.g. the pages you have visited;
- Your IP address to determine the town or city of connection. This data is immediately anonymised after localisation and is not communicated to Google.
The cookies used are detailed below:
- Type : Permanent third party statistical cookie
- Use : Session monitoring cookie
- Company : Google Inc.
- Lifetime : To be completed
3.2.3 Improvement of the website’s conviviality and interactivity
To provide you access to certain website functionalities, the Publisher uses certain third-party services such as:
- Button to share with LinkedIn,
- Videos posted to its VIMEO or YOUTUBE channels.
These functionalities use third party cookies deposited directly by the service-providers.
When you first visit our website, we propose that you accept or refuse the use of certain cookies.
If you do not wish cookies to be deposited or read on your device, a refusal cookie will be deposited to enable the Publisher to record the fact of your refusal. If you delete the refusal cookie, it will no longer be possible to identify you as having refused.
Both consent and refusal cookies must remain on your device, but you may change your wishes at any time in accordance with the following section on cookies management.
5. Cookies management
You dispose of several options for deleting and managing cookies and other tracers.
5.1 Browser parameters
Albeit most browsers are configured by default to accept the installation of cookies, you may if you wish choose to accept all cookies, reject them systematically or select certain cookies depending on their issuer. You may also regularly delete cookies from your device via your browser.
Do not however forget to configure all the browsers of your various devices (tablets, smartphones, computers etc.).
Browser configuration of cookies and other choices varies from one browser to another, but is always described in your browser’s help menu. For example:
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
- For Safari™: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/safari;
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647;
- For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies;
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
5.2 Opposal platforms
Several advertising platforms also offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the cookies used by the companies using the platforms, via mechanisms which do not prevent any display of advertising but prevent the installation of cookies in such a way as to adapt the platforms’ advertising to your centres of interest.
You may, for example, use www.youronlinechoices.com to prohibit the installation of such cookies on your device. The website is offered by the digital advertising professionals of the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and is managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
In that way, you can identify the companies registered with the platform which provide you the option of refusing or accepting their cookies to adapt their advertising to your browser data: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/. This European platform is shared by hundreds of internet advertising professionals.
5.3 Cookies management module
Finally, a module allows you to choose which website cookies you wish to accept and which you wish to refuse.
At any time, by clicking on this link [insert a link to the cookies management module] you will be able to access the module and modify your preferences.
6. Protection of personal data
The data collected are indispensable for achievement of the purposes of each cookie and are uniquely destined for use by authorised employees of the Publisher and/or of the company issuing third party cookies.
Your personal data may be transferred to a subcontractor in the USA via social networks or Google Analytics cookies. Google Analytics will obtain the following categories of data: pages visited, IP addresses, certain data on your appliance
The applicable subcontractors have subscribed to EU-US Privacy Shield and ensure adequate protection of personal data (cf. EU decision 2016/1250 dated 12-7-2016).
Personal data collected via cookies are never retained longer than necessary for the cookies’ purpose and in any event, never for longer than13 months.
In accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, persons dispose regarding their personal data of rights of interrogation, access, rectification, erasure, opposition for just cause and portability.
When processing is founded in the consent of the person concerned, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
After a person’s decease, his or her personal data is retained for the period required for compliance with the Publisher’s legal and regulatory obligations, after which the data is erased unless the person has requested their communication to a third party of the person’s choice as provided for by article 40-1, II of French data protection law n°78-17 dated 6 January 1978, as modified in 2018.
Your rights may be exercised at any time by contacting the person responsible for data protection whom you may contact by email at the following address: email@example.com, or by post at the following address: SB Alliance, Communication Department, 42 rue Rieussec, 78223 Viroflay Cedex, France.
To ensure the best protection of your rights, the Publisher has appointed a data protection officer whom you may contact at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority (CNIL), competent supervisory authority
2. For more detailed information, please consult our Policy for the protection of privacy.